I’m Jess (aka Jessica) Flynn – a storyteller with roots in journalism and a current career in public relations at an agency I co-founded right when the economy was heading into the tank in 2008. As a self-avowed paranoid pragmatist, I actually wake up thinking about what could go wrong and strategizing on how to deal with it. That attitude, plus surrounding myself with some optimists, was a good one for figuring out the world of entrepreneurialism. Along the way, I became an accidental CEO and evolved from someone who got the shakes & sweats before every speaking engagement to one who embraces the adventure it brings. Now, my passion is in helping others do the same with strength and authenticity.
I believe everyone has ideas worth sharing and a voice that matters.
– – – – – – – – – – – –
The more formal scoop:
As CEO of the strategic communication agency Red Sky, Jess Flynn leads a team in creating and sharing stories that matter. She founded the agency in 2008 after a career in journalism and a stint leading global communications for Tamarack Resort. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, she holds a degree in Broadcast Journalism and worked as a news producer in Boise, Austin, and Pittsburgh, where she was honored with an Emmy.
At Red Sky, Jess sets the agency vision, provides strategy and ideation across the client portfolio, leads the agency’s crisis response, and provides executive training programs under the Speaking with Strength brand. She is a frequently requested event moderator and speaker – on topics such as leadership, the entrepreneurial journey, storytelling, and personal brand.
Jess has been honored as one of the Idaho Business Review’s CEOs of Influence and Women of the Year, and is passionate about serving as a board member of the Women’s and Children’s Alliance, a Boise Arts & History Commissioner, and as Honorary Commander of the 124th Civil Engineer Squadron of the Idaho Air National Guard.
Previous speaking and training engagements include:
- Andrus Center Women and Leadership Conference
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Association of Idaho Cities Annual Conference
- Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Boise State University Executive MBA Program
- City Club of Boise
- Commercial Real Estate Women
- Givens Pursley LLP
- Hawley Troxell
- HP Inc.
- Icon Credit Union
- Idaho Conference on Recreation and Tourism
- Idaho Counties Risk Management Program
- Idaho Department of Parks & Recreation Conference
- Idaho Economic Development Association
- Idaho Export Excellence Program
- Idaho Society of Association Executives
- Idaho Wine Commission
- Idaho Women in Agriculture Conference
- Idaho Tourism
- KeyBank – Fraud Symposium
- Go Lead Idaho
- Merchant Risk Council
- Meridian Business Day
- NEW Leadership Idaho
- Newspaper Association of Idaho
- Northwest Chapter American Association of Airport Executives
- Northwest Community Development Institute
- Southern Idaho Compensation & Benefits Association
- Western Pension & Benefits Council
- Zions Bank – Business Resource Center